Welcome to Hulaland! This travel blog is all about my favorite beach destination…Hawaii! Planning a trip to Hawaii can be pretty overwhelming (especially if you’ve never been before!)…which is the best island to go to? What time of year should you go? What’s a good price for airfare? Can you see all of the islands in one visit? How much is it going to cost? Where’s the best place to stay? WHAT’S THE BEST LUAU ON MAUI??? There is no end. Don’t worry friend, I’m here to help!
Aloha! I’m Cate Lincoln…Hawaii lover, wannabe mermaid, beach bum extraordinaire, sand castle architect and firm believer that beach days are the best days! I looooove to travel (especially to Hawaii), but I’m not a digital nomad or a full time back packer. I’m just your average Midwestern girl who loves to do the hula ; )
I actually did live on Maui for awhile, and it was amazing! I had a steady stream of visitors coming to stay with me and I spent so much of my time exploring and getting to know the island. I felt like a bit of a local! And then once I moved back to the mainland, I started making frequent trips back to visit Hawaii…kind of like a tourist. And after awhile, I realized I’d compiled quite a bit of info about traveling to Hawaii. That’s why I started this blog. To share everything I know about traveling to Hawaii, from the blended perspective of a tourist and a local.
I’m such a fan of “off the beaten path” adventures (the kind you hear about from locals), but I also think that a lot of the “touristy” stuff is touristy for a reason…it’s pretty great! My mission is to always be honest and let you know what’s worth doing and what you should skip, because time and money are both finite when you’re on vacation. So get started here, I’ll help you make sure you have the very best Hawaiian vacation possible.
Just arrived in Hulaland? I’m so glad you’re here! You can get started here:
1. 101 Things to Do on Maui
2. 31 Things to Do in Honolulu/Waikiki
3. Maui’s Best Snorkeling Spots
4. 25 Things to Know Before You Go to Kauai
5. 15 Things Not to Miss on the Big Island
6. Where to Stay on Maui
1. Biking down Haleakala (Maui’s volcano)
2. Helicopter tour of Kauai
3. Hiking Kauai’s Napali Coast
4. Riding ATVs at Oahu’s Kualoa Ranch
5. Staying at Disney’s Aulani Resort and Spa
6. Driving Maui’s Road to Hana
1. How much does a trip to Hawaii cost?
2. What should I pack for Hawaii?
3. When is the best time to go to Hawaii?
4. Which Hawaiian island should I visit?
5. How can I save money using Airbnb?
6. How can I find cheap flights to Hawaii?
Got a question? Want to chat? Know about a beach you think I need to visit? I would LOVE to hear from you! Send me an email at email@example.com.