While Maui has the reputation for being super expensive, it’s actually possible to find a place to stay at ALL price levels. If you’re looking for one of the cheapest ways to do Maui, you’ll find several budget hotels in Maui that are perfect for saving a few bucks but still staying in style.
Not very familiar with Maui? Read up on the lay of the is(land) here to get an idea of what part of the island you’d like to stay on.
Before I tell you my favorites, let me break the pros and cons of staying in a budget hotel down for you:
Pros of Staying in a Budget Hotel
- A budget hotel is one of the cheapest accommodation options in Hawaii.
- You’ll be able to book direct with the hotel (no dealing with an individual property owner like if you use VRBO or Airbnb).
- You’ll get many of the amenities you would at a resort (maid service, front desk concierge, etc.).
- There are quite a few budget hotels right on the beach in Hawaii.
- You’ll always get a cheap price no need to wait for sales and book vacation packages.
Cons of Staying in a Budget Hotel
- You won’t get all the amenities of a big beach resort.
- It may not be nice enough that you just want to lay around the pool every day.
- You may be able to find a vacation rental or condo for about the same price that would have more amenities (full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc.).
My 2 Cents: I like to book a budget hotel when I just want a clean and convenient place to set up a home base from which to explore the island. If I’m going to be out and about adventuring every day, I don’t need a nice beach resort, or even a condo with full amenities.
Maui Budget Hotels
Ka’anapali Beach Hotel: Located right on bustling Ka’anapali Beach, the Ka’anapali Beach Hotel is the perfect place to stay on Maui’s west side. Located on the Ka’anapali beach walk nearby the Sheraton, Westin, and Hyatt, you’ll enjoy being in west Maui’s gorgeous resort area at a fraction of the price. This charming “old Hawaii” hotel starts at $149/night. Click here to check pricing for your dates.
Maui Coast Hotel: Located super close to Kamaole Beach I in the heart of Kihei on Maui’s south side, the Maui Coast Hotel has great amenities including outdoor pools, a hot tub, a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner, a poolside café, tennis courts, a fitness center, and a shuttle to Kihei and Wailea. Pricing starts at $157/night. Click here to check pricing for your dates.
Lahaina Inn: Located in the heart of Front Street in Lahaina, this inn is housed in a restored 1938 building and features plantation style rooms with private lanais. Guests at the Lahaina Inn can also use the facilities at the nearby Royal Lahaina Resort. Pricing starts at $115/night. Click here to check pricing for your dates.
Aston at Papakea Resort: Located in the Ka’anapali area near Honokowai Beach Park, the Aston at Papakea is an all-condo resort with a pool, tennis court, and putting green. Pricing starts at $159/night. Click here to check pricing for your dates.